The distribution certificate allows you to sign PressMatrix Apps for the distribution and installation using the Apple App Store with your organization's identity.
Note: Requirements for the following workflows
- An Apple ID with active iOS Developer Program
- An Apple Mac computer with OS X v10.8 or later installed
Follow the steps below in order to create a new iOS Distribution Certificate:
- Choose “Certificates” from the iOS Apps (shown on the first screen) section.
- Add a Distribution Certificate by clicking the button labeled with a plus symbol (“+") on the upper right corner.
- Select "iOS Distribution (App Store and Ad Hoc)" as type for your certificate within the “Software" section.
- Create and upload a Certificates Signing Request (CSR). (See Certificates Signing Request Reference on the bottom of this page)
- Download and import it with a double click.
- Export the Distribution certificate as a .p12 file and send it together with your app name (and the password if you set one up) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificates Signing Request Reference
The Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is your digital application to Apple in order to receive a Certificate authorized by Apple. You can create a CSR by following these steps:
- In the Applications folder on your Mac, open the Utilities folder and launch Keychain Access.
- Within the Keychain Access drop down menu, select Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate from a Certificate Authority.
- In the Certificate Information window, enter the following information:
- In the User Email Address field, enter your email address.
- In the Common Name field, create a name for your private key (e.g., John Doe Dev Key).
- The CA Email Address field should be left empty.
- In the "Request is" group, select the "Saved to disk" option.
- Click Continue within Keychain Access to complete the CSR generating process.
Please click “Next" in the Apple Developer Portal now, upload your CSR file stored on your computer using the upload form in the Apple Developer Portal and click “Generate”.
Not a customer of PressMatrix but still need help?
Benefit from our extensive app store management experience.
Contact us to get an offer - Get an offer