An application ID uniquely identifies your iOS application within Apple's application services and enables your App to use services like In-App Purchasing and Push Notifications.
Note: Requirements for the following workflows
The following articles also require you to be logged in at Apple’s iOS Developer Portal. Please click here and login using your organization's Apple ID before you proceed.
Follow the steps below in order to create a new Apple iOS App ID:
- Choose “Identifiers” and an overview of already existing App ID’s will be shown.
- Add an App ID by clicking the button labeled with a plus symbol (“+") on the upper right corner.
- Choose "App IDs" as your new Identifier Type
- Enter your App ID Details (Please see the App ID Details Reference).Scroll down and enable Push Notifications if you wish to use this feature:
- Review your settings and click “Continue" and then "register" to create your App ID.
- Finished! Your App ID is now ready to use.
App ID Details Reference
The App ID details are technical descriptions for Apple’s Developer System in order to organize and activate your App.
|Name/Description||App ID Description||Choose a simple name (e.g.: My Kiosk App), which enables you and your colleagues to identify the App within your Developer Account.|
|Explicit App ID||App ID Suffix||PressMatrix Apps require to be configured using an explicit App ID in order to support services like In-App Purchases and Push Notifications. Please choose “Explicit App ID” and enter your Bundle ID.|
|Bundle ID||App ID Suffix||The bundle identifier is an ID for your application used by the system as a domain for which it can store settings and reference your application uniquely. The Bundle ID must be in the format com.pressmatrix.ExampleApp, in which “Example App” should be replaced with your app name.|
|In-App Purchase||App Services||Please activate this Option. This service is required for all PressMatrix Apps, even if the service will not be offered in your product.|
|Push Notifications||App Services||Please activate this Option. This service is required for all PressMatrix Apps, even if the service will not be offered in your product.|
Not a customer of PressMatrix but still need help?
Benefit from our extensive app store management experience.
Contact us to get an offer - Get an offer
Please sign in to leave a comment.