By default new apps can only be downloaded and installed through the official Google Play Store. For the installation of the PressMatrix Preview Apps, it is necessary to change this setting.
For Android 7x OS systems:
Please follow the steps below to allow the installation of the PressMatrix Preview app on your Android device:
- Open the "Settings" of your Android device
- Select the menu item "Security"
- Enable "Allow unknown origin - Allow apps to be installed from sources other than the Play Store"
Note: Installing PressMatrix Preview Apps on Android 8.0 and higher:
Since Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has removed the "unknown origin" setting and replaced it by a permissions system which must be configured for each individual app. For example, if you use Chrome for Android to download the PressMatrix Preview Apps, you will have to give Chrome permission to install apps on your phone.
- Open "settings", select " menu" and then "special access" .
- Click on "install unknown apps" and choose the application that you would like to use to install the app, e.g. Chrome for Android.
- Toggle the "allow from this source" option to "on".