To be able to sell paid subscriptions in your Amazon apps, it is necessary for you to create in app items for those subscriptions in the Amazon Developer Console and thereby register the items you would like to sell.
Create new In App Subscription items
- Log in to the Amazon Developer Console with your credentials
- Navigate down to your list of apps and select the relevant app. Once you are in the settings of your app open the "In-App Items" tab from the menu.
- At the bottom of the list of existing In-App Items (if any), click the button "Add new Subscription".
- Fill out the form and save your changes.
Field Description Required? Title Title of your subscription (best include the duration of the subscription here as well) Yes SKU A unique ID, that identifies this subscription. The SKU has a max. length of 150 characters. Important: This ID needs to be copied into the Pegasus Workbench at a later stage. Yes Type Subscription Yes Content delivery "No additional file required" Yes
- Please fill out all the necessary fields in the areas "Subscription Perios", "Description" and "Images".
Reference - Subscription Periods
Important Notice: For our system to be able to successfully identify purchases of Amazon subscriptions, it is absolutely necessary that every subscription created in the Amazon Developer Console only has 1 subscription period assigned to it. If you need subscriptions with several different subscription periods, you will need to create a unique subscription item for each and every one of them.
Field Description Required? Subscription period Define the subscription period. Yes SKU
Please enter another unique ID. It has to be different than the one entered in the step before.
Yes Free trial This functionality is not support by us. Please select the option "No". Yes Are you charging for this subscription? Select "Yes, my base list price is ..." and enter the price of your issue. Yes Calculated prices After you set the base price, you will have the option of either manually setting the price for other currencies, or allowing the Amazon Appstore to set those prices for you, based on conversion rates and taxes. Yes When would you like this item to be available? You can leave this field blank, as the availability of your items (subscriptions) in the apps is controlled by our Pegasus Workbench. No
Reference - Description
Field Description Required? Language English is always selected as the default language. You are however free to add metadata in additional languages. Yes Display Title
Title of the subscription
Yes Description Short description of your issue. (Max. length of 1200 characters) Yes
Reference - Images
Field Description Required? Language English is always selected as the default language. You are however free to add images in additional languages. No Small icon
114 x 114px PNG file with transparency. This must be the same as the large icon.
Yes Large icon 512 x 512px PNG file with transparency. This must be the same as the small icon. Yes
- The green checkmarks indicate if all the required information is available in that section. When you are done entering all of the details please "Submit In-App Item" in the "General Information" tab of this in-app item.
- Your in-app Item will now be checked by Amazon and be available for purchase in your app as soon as the status switches to "Live" and you activated it in the Pegasus Workbench.
- In addition to the review, you'll need to copy the SKU of this in-app item into Pegasus Workbench. To do that please login in to the Pegasus Workbench with your credentials and open the section "Subscriptions" via the "Services" menu.
- Now open the details of the required subscription and enter the SKU ID into the "Amazon SKU" field.
Important: Please use the SKU ID that you created during the first step in the Amazon Developer Console (not the one you entered when defining the subscription period).
In order for your users to be able to purchase in-app products and subscriptions, you will need to deposit a shared key in the Pegasus system once.
- Log in to https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/shared-key.html
- You should be able to see your individual Amazon Shared Secret Key now.
- Please copy that key and enter it in your Pegasus-Account under "My App" - "Settings" and into the field "Amazon Shared Secret".
Not a customer of PressMatrix but still need help?
Benefit from our extensive app store management experience.
Contact us to get an offer - Get an offer