Before you are able to send Push Notifications to your iOS app users, you have to create (and after one year update) the Push Certificate and send it to PressMatrix afterwards.
- Please log into your Apple Developer account https://developer.apple.com/membercenter/ with your user data.
- Please go to "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles".
- Open "Identifiers" -> "App IDs" and choose "Edit" for your app.
- Activate the "Push Notifications" and click on the button "Create Certificate" in the section "Production SSL Certificate".
- Please follow the instructions until "Certificate Signing Request".
- Generate a new "CSR" according to Apple's instruction (see below) and upload it.
- Download and import it with a double click.
- Export the Push certificate as a .p12 file and send it together with your app name (and the password if you set one up) to email@example.com.
Certificates Signing Request Reference
The Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is your digital application to Apple in order to receive a Certificate authorized by Apple. You can create a CSR by following these steps:
- In the Applications folder on your Mac, open the Utilities folder and launch Keychain Access.
- Within the Keychain Access drop down menu, select Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate from a Certificate Authority.
- In the Certificate Information window, enter the following information:
- In the User Email Address field, enter your email address.
- In the Common Name field, create a name for your private key (e.g., John Doe Dev Key).
- The CA Email Address field should be left empty.
- In the "Request is" group, select the "Saved to disk" option.
- Click Continue within Keychain Access to complete the CSR generating process.
Please click “Next" in the Apple Developer Portal now, upload your CSR file stored on your computer using the upload form and click “Generate”.
Not a customer of PressMatrix but still need help?
Benefit from our extensive app store management experience.
Contact us to get an offer - Get an offer