In order to be able to offer a paid subscription through your Kiosk-App for Android devices, an in app product must be set up in advance for this purpose with Google Play.
Note: Before you can offer paid subscriptions for Android devices, you must first activate the payment function through Google Wallet for Google Play.
To set up new subscriptions
- Log into the Google Play Developer Console with your user information.
- Choose your app under "All Apps" and open the menu item "In-App Products".
- Choose "Add New Product".
- Create a new "Subscription".
- Fill out the information for your subscription and save the form.
- Then activate the in-app subscription. Activation through Google can take several hours.
Please note that you cannot change the price and time period of Google subscriptions after activation. If you would like to make changes, you will have to create a new subscription.
- Enter the details in Pegasus under the menu item "Services" - "Subscriptions" as "In App Purchase" once the subscription(s) are set up in your Google Play account.
Only after you have set up the subscription in Pegasus and activated it will the subscription appear in your app.
In order to enable the automatic renewal of the subscription for your users, settings in your Google Service Account are required.
- With Google you can specify a weekly, monthly, or yearly billing period. "Seasonal" is not supported by PressMatrix Kiosk Apps.
- Google subscriptions cannot be changed in terms of price and time period once activated. If you would like to make changes to a subscription, you must create a new subscription. Please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org in an attachment stating the old and new information, so that we can deactivate your old subscription in the system.
Not a customer of PressMatrix but still need help?
Benefit from our extensive app store management experience.
Contact us to get an offer - Get an offer