When you first receive your activated Browser Client link, the URL for your Browser Client points to the domain bc.pressmatrix.com. Since some cases require that also the URL for the Browser Client is matching your brand, PressMatrix offers to configure a custom hostname.
Note: Requirements for the following workflows
Configure and activate a custom subdomain for the PressMatrix Browser Client
- Create your desired subdomain (e.g. emagazine.mydomain.com) using the configuration portal of your domain service provider.
- Change the DNS settings of your subdomain by setting the CNAME records target value to bc.pressmatrix.com
- Validate your CNAME record using a free web service (See "how to" below this article). If the validation fails, please fix the configuration of your CNAMEs before heading to step 4.
- Log in to pegasus. Open the "Browser Client" section via the "My App" menu. Fill in the subdomain, which you created, and determine your language.
How to validate your CNAME record using a free web service
- Open www.mxtoolbox.com in your preferred browser
- Enter the subdomain you want to check the CNAME for and click on the button "MX Lookup"
- Search for "CNAME Lookup" (Column type will contain CNAME) within the result table.
- If a row containing a CNAME pointing to bc.pressmatrix.com exists your DNS configuration is complete.